VenaSeal Vein Glue
Australian Vein Clinics
VenaSeal is a medical-grade vein glue that is used in removing large varicose veins in a non-invasive way.
What is VenaSeal Vein Glue?
What VenaSeal Vein Glue Treats
Vein Treatment Melbourne
How VenaSeal Glue Works
Under the guidance of an Ultrasound, the glue is injected through a catheter into the diseased vein, causing it to close off. Once closed off, the vein walls will undergo a process of sclerosis and, over time, will be absorbed into the surrounding tissue.
All our treatments are performed within the clinic and are non-invasive, walk-in-walk-out procedures. No need for full-day hospital visits! VenaSeal treatments will only take 30-60 minutes and are all performed within the clinic. You may feel a slight stinging feeling as the solution enters the vein; however, this discomfort is short-term and will subside quickly.
Injecting the VenaSeal
Closing the vein wall
Finally, a compression bandage is applied to the treated area.
VenaSeal Glue Cost
VenaSeal Glue Cost Factors
- The number of veins treated
- The severity of your condition
- Where the veins are located
Starting From: $$
What To Expect
All abnormal vein treatment journeys begin with an initial consultation with our Vein Specialists. In the consultation, our doctors observe the area/s you are concerned about and develop a treatment plan whilst also informing you of the full costs associated with the treatment.
To give you the best and most accurate treatment advice, we use our in-house ultrasound machine to assess and map the deeper veins that are unseen on the surface. The Ultrasound will give the vein specialist a clear picture that will guide the best type of treatment most suitable for you.
In recent years, treatment for varicose veins has come a long way. One of the most promising new methods is VenaSeal. This minimally invasive treatment uses a medical adhesive to close off the treated vein, allowing blood to flow more smoothly through the body. The procedure is quick and relatively painless and typically requires no downtime for recovery. In most cases, patients can return to normal activities immediately after the treatment.
- Apply a compression stocking to the treated area to reduce swelling and bruising.
- Wear compression stockings for 3-7 days after the injections.
- Light walking at least 30 minutes per day.
- Elevate your legs when possible to further reduce swelling.
- Avoid strenuous activities for the first few days after your treatment.
- Avoid exposure to sunlight or UV rays for at least 7 days after your treatment.
- It is also important to keep the treated area clean and dry.
- If you have any discomfort, you can take over-the-counter pain medication as needed.